I have a million things on my mind and a billion things to do, so let’s just get some randomosity out of the way, shall we?
- I don’t watch American Idol, but for all you Adam Lambert fans, Get a Grip. How LUCKY is he that he won’t be getting totally screwed over by their contract crap? Coming in second on that show is going to be the best thing that ever happened to his career. STFU, Next.
- I don’t watch Jon & Kate plus 8 either, but for everyone who is criticizing them, if ya watch the show, you helped make them what they are today. When you drive by an accident on the freeway, you can either be a lookie-loo OR you can bitch about the ones who are, but ya can’t do both. STFU, Next.
- We have officially entered the season of Hot, Hazy, and Humid – sleep, repeat, pay big ass electric bill for A/C. Frick.
- The Boy has just asked when we are going to go camping. See above. Double Frick. For the record, I don’t mind camping… in something RV-ish with electrical hookups for fans, at the least. And that was pre-menopause. Currently, just the thought is enough to make me moan in agony and have a hot flash.
- There are 5 days of school left. Holy Shit.
- Did I mention Holy Shit?
- Immediately following the end of school, The Dog will go to her Doggie Resort where she will be pampered and worn the hell out playing with other dogs for a week while we head off to visit my family. Why is she not going with us you ask? My parents have a cat. We tried taking The Dog with us once, which landed my mother on weeks of antibiotics for a severe infection after her cat bit her in terror because The Dog got away from me and took her insatiable curiosity within 1 foot of the cat. We’d like to avoid a second showing. Besides, she has so much fun at the resort place with the other people, dogs, woods, and getting to hang out and be their office dog for a week that it would be much less fun for her to go with us.
- I am looking forward to fishing. I told this to my husband, and he asked me if I was going to get up early to go or if I was going to swelter in the heat of later in the day. In other words, he said, “Pick the one you’re going to bitch about.” I assured him that it would probably be both. 😀
- I lost 5 pounds. Then I tore up my leg, couldn’t walk, and the inlaws came to visit. Pretty sure I gained it back. What the hell is it about being with extended family that makes you eat more? Is that a universal law of nature? WTF?
- I am eating differently though, more protein through the day and lots of fruits and veggies, and that feels really good. I can feel the difference in not wanting the typical carbs like crackers, chips, cookies, or even cereal. Now if I can make myself drink water and stop drinking Pepsi. Yeah, that’s so disheartening to even think about that I can’t even say anything more about it!
- I recently learned a couple of potential health issues that could be on my horizon. First, it seems that I could be (not definite) at an increased risk for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig disease), as this disease has been in my direct line in my family. It is possible that my odds could be as high as 50/50 in the future. ALS basically paralyzes the body, leaving the mind unscathed – at least until the need for morphine comes in near the end and causes hallucinations and paranoia. Secondly, insulin resistance causes a much higher incidence of Alzheimer’s, a disease which shreds the mind and basically leaves the body alone. Okay, so while neither of these is good news, I have to say, if I have to get one, I gotta root for both. If I have both, then by the time Alzheimer’s screws up my mind so that I’d be wandering off, my body could be screwed up enough that wandering isn’t possible. And by the time my body refuses to move to the point of causing me pain that makes me crazy, my mind will be torn up enough so that I won’t actually notice. People, seriously, if something bad HAS to happen, that’s a win-win for me! I’ll be rolling for double or nothing.
- With possible increased odds, I made my husband promise that should I ever be diagnosed with a neurodegenerative disorder, after I die (no, not before), he will donate my brain to research for said disease. Brain specimens don’t come along every day for those scientists, folks, and that is some very needed tissue for research. Think about it, ya know, for when you’re finished with yours. 😉
- Had planned to take the dog for her yearly shots, etc., today. Anyone want to guess the one day of the week my vet’s office is closed?
- Real Genius is one of the most brilliant movies ever made. Period. How can you not love a movie with a freaked out genius who lives in a closet? “Can you hammer a 6-inch spike through a board with your penis? Well, no, not right now. A girl’s gotta have her standards.”
With that, I leave you with what will forever be known to me as the Diet Coke Skating Girl song. Truly makes me wish I could put on some roller skates and zip around the dance floor, preferably without the trip to the ER. Oh, and I’m fully aware what the song is about and in no way support or encourage it (and am not being sarcastic there, damn it). KIDS: Don’t do drugs.