For those following our drama, we’ve received the word: We have the Power!
We’re planning to head back to the homestead tomorrow. They predict a bit of snow, flurries, and assorted other precipitation along the way, but with any luck, it will be a non-issue.
Tomorrow evening’s agenda:
- Buying milk and meat, assuming there is any of either still left in the county.
- Throwing away the few things left in the frig.
- Digging the food out of the hopefully still snow-packed coolers in the garage. (Hey, we just replaced ALL that stuff on the refrigerator door in September after the last week without power, remember? That’s expensive!)
- Turning the water back on (cross your fingers).
- Taking a blanket or two OFF the bed.
- Sleeping in our own bed, occasionally throwing off the covers — a simple pleasure.
- A return to a bit of regular life, and to my regular accent.
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, well wishes, and your state’s power trucks and electricians (and a huge thank you to them and their families). We can’t tell you how much we appreciate it. It’s been nearly a week, and we’re still the lucky ones.